Keto Panera Guide
If you’re trying to figure out how to eat keto at Panera, you have certainly come to the right place.
Just because this place has “bread” in the title doesn’t mean we can’t properly follow a ketogenic diet while we’re there!
While Panera is certainly known for their sandwiches, soups, pasta, and other carb-heavy items, they still have plenty of delicious keto options that you can take advantage of.
A few things to keep in mind when following keto Panera:
- Avoid all breads, soups, and pastas
- Stay away from all bakery items
- Avoid getting their pickled onions as they are NOT low-carb (16g net carbs per serving)
We will break the items down by breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so no matter what time of day you go you’ll know what to order.
Let’s jump into it, shall we?
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich (No Bread)
- Macros: 2g net carbs, 19g fat, 19g protein, 250 calories
Steak, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich (No Bread)
- Macros: 1g net carbs, 28g fat, 35g protein, 400 calories
Ham, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich (No Bread)
- Macros: 2g net carbs, 16.5g fat, 22g protein, 240 calories
Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich (No Bread)
- Macros: 2g carbs, 28g fat, 21g protein, 340 calories
Avocado. Egg White, and Spinach Sandwich (No Bread)
- Macros: 2g net carbs, 12g fat, 14g protein, 167 calories
All of these “sandwiches” end up being more like delicious breakfast bowls once you decide to go bunless, so get out a fork and knife and dig in to these with no hesitation.
Better yet, have no guilt knowing that they are all low-carb and high in fat and protein.
Before we get into the actual ordering options, its good to keep in mind that salads will be your best friend during this time of the day.
On a couple of them, you will have to forego the pickled onions to avoid the extra carb count, but that is a small price to pay since these salads are still delicious.
Here are the salad options:
Green Goddess Cobb Salad w/Chicken and Green Goddess Dressing (Whole)
- Macros: 13g net carbs, 33g fat, 42g protein, 530 calories
Caesar Salad w/Chicken (Whole/No Croutons)
- Macros: 12g net carbs, 28g fat, 28g protein, 440 calories
Greek Salad (Whole)
- Macros: 7g net carbs, 36g fat, 6g protein
Best Dressing Options:
- Chili Lime Rojo Ranch(3 Tbsp): 3g net carbs, 6g fat, 90 calories
- Greek(3 Tbsp): 1g net carbs, 25g fat, 250 calories
- Caesar (3 Tbsp): 2g net carbs, 18g fat, 170 calories
Now we will get into the best breadless sandwich options when following keto Panera.
With these, simply substitute the bread out by asking for your sandwich to come on a bed of lettuce instead.
This will take all of the guesswork out of the ordering process for you.
So here they are:
Steak and Baby Arugula Sandwich (No Bread/Tomatoes)
- Macros: 10g net carbs, 18g fat, 24g protein, 290 calories
Roasted Turkey and Avocado BLT (No Bread)
- Macros: 2g net carbs, 14g fat, 30g protein, 270 calories
The Italian (No Bread)
- Macros: 4g net carbs, 23g fat, 19g protein, 280 calories
Chicken Chipotle Avocado Melt (No Bread)
- Macros: 4g net carbs, 40g fat, 43g protein, 300 calories
Bacon Turkey Bravo Sandwich (No Bread)
- Macros: 4g net carbs, 25g fat, 45g protein, 290 calories
*SIDE NOTE: Two excellent additions to all of these breadless sandwiches are the Basil Pesto (0g net carbs, 3g fat, 30 calories per serving) and Chipotle Aioli (0g net carbs, 4.5g fat, 45 calories per serving) sauces.
Not only will they add plenty of flavor, each of them have 0 CARBS!!
If you select from this list of keto Panera ordering options, you are bound to have success!
Just remember that salads are your best friend, order all sandwiches on a bed of lettuce instead of bread, and take advantage of their delicious low-carb sauces and dressings!
We hope you gained some valuable insight from this article, and look forward to seeing you in the next one.
Since Panera isn’t the only restaurant where you’ll have keto on the brain,
feel free to check out our Keto Restuarants List.